Casandra Armour

Position: Live Shows Writer

Location: Burbank, CA

Bio: As a small child, I had a pretty sincere appreciation of who The Beatles, The Stones, The Who and other legends were. It is rumored that in Portage County, in the dregs of Northeastern Ohio, a toddler incarnation of me used to thoroughly entertain stoned friends of my parents. Vinyl record sleeves from my their substantial collection were laid out all over the room. Any one person could point to any one of albums and I could name it. Later, finding that same little daughter lost in in the grocery store was easy for my young mother. I was singing "Billy Jean" at the top of my lungs a few aisles away.

My favorite FM radio station played "Its The End of The World As We Know It" for 24 hours on the day of its demise, in 1999. Cleveland's 107.9 The End had fostered a deep and exhaustive love of alternative music in me during the late nineties. When I got ready for school each dark chilly morning or laid to rest late, late, at night, it was my best friend. Oasis' What's The Story Morning Glory was the first CD I ever purchased for myself. Used record stores became havens where I indulged my every alt and indie whim during my teens. I got Licensed To Ill one day, ten years after it was released, used and loved. I bought every Beastie Boys release I could ever find after that.

In my earliest twenties I was a straight girl deejay in a gay bar in Downtown Pittsburgh, where I also tended bar and spent nearly all my free time. Everything I knew about music from the 70's and 80's was expanded: more disco, better disco, in fact; more glam rock, the best; the most killer pop and R&B. I loved hearing Bowie's "Rock N Roll Suicide" wailed during karaoke or requesting cheesy dance remixes of Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill" (or Erasure's cover) on drunken Saturday nights. I fell hard after being introduced to drum & bass and dub and working them into my playlists: which abolished my prior prejudice that techno and electronica were just for snotty suburbanites disguised as ravers. And the internet brought me every request or curiosity I needed to fulfill.

At the end of the summer of 2009, I moved to Los Angeles where some of my favorite acts were spawned, where some of my most respected have lived on stage.

Likes: What I'll karaoke sober includes Dusty Springfield's "Son of a Preacher Man," The Cardigan's "Lovefool," "Stay" by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories. After a few, I might do a throaty rendition of The White Stripes' "Dead Leaves and Dirty Ground." While I'm totally shit-faced I'll go for broke with The Bangles' "Eternal Flame" or The Beastie's "Paul Revere." Someday I plan on doing The Foo Fighters' "The Best of You" or The Beatles' "Rocky Raccoon." I practice Erasure's "A Little Respect" and Elvis Costello's "Veronica" when I'm alone. I've been coerced into "Stan" by Eminem before (I was Dido), as well as "Groove Is In The Heart" by De La Soul and "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind. None of which do I know the words to as well as one would hope. I fell in love with the first boy to karaoke "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" by Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty, with me.

Facebook: Facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1263259922

Myspace: www.myspace.com/cashole

Website: If you can stand reading this self indulgent bio, look for the launch of my blog on 01/01/10!
 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

About | Staff | Company | Careers/Internships | Contact | Advertise