Jason Coldiron

Position: Rock/Metal Editor

Location: Sacramento, CA

Bio: I am a freelance writer and have found a way to make a living doing what I love. Music is my true love and life's passion. I am a bass player and still have the Rock N Roll dream, but I'm also realistic.

My primary mission on this website is to find and give a voice to as many bands as possible. 'The cream will always rise to the top' as they say, so my vision is to get as many people into the pot as possible so that they will have a chance.
In talking to bands I, of course, cover the basics, but my goal is much bigger. I want to know what makes them who they are and where the source of their artistic expression comes from. I am looking for the essence of what makes great music possible and to do that, I try to get into the minds and processes of musicians.

Likes: I believe that we have only scratched the surface of what is possible in music. I love any band that pushes boundaries. I can appreciate any music, even if it doesn't do anything for me. In my own time, you will mostly find me listening to any variety of metal and experimental music. To that end, the gods of metal like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Pantera are high on my list, as are the artists of music such as Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta, Tom Morello and Les Claypool.

Columns At CWG: Coldiron Continuum

Twitter: twitter.com/coldironjason

Facebook: www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home

Myspace: myspace.com/coldironjason

E-mail: jason.coldiron@cwgmagazine.com
 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

About | Staff | Company | Careers/Internships | Contact | Advertise